Wednesday, March 26, 2014

filmmaker mama.. uh-huh.

Filmmaker mama... uh-huh. I think that's what it means when you have been working your buns off on a film for over a year and it is the first day of shooting and... you are at home with your sick child. Miranda is asleep on the couch right now. She has a virus which has to run its course and usually lasts a week. She can't go to school until she has been fever-free for 24 hours. It is Wednesday and we are shooting through Saturday. She has had fever since Saturday night. Her fever is still at 101. At this point I know I won't be on set tomorrow either. We shall see about Friday and Saturday. Of course, if I was directing, I would be on set and Bruce would be home with Miranda. But since I am co-writer and producer of this one.. and also a mama.. I am at home looking at pictures on my cell phone of what is happening on set. I am trying to be Zen about it. Things have been criz-azy the last few weeks preparing for this moment. And now things are.. ever so quiet in our apartment. I am thankful that Miranda is in good spirits. And I am thankful that it sounds like things are going well on set. And also very thankful that our 2 week Kickstarter campaign was funded before it ended last night. The film is called MUCK. I am very much a part of the fact that this film is filming right now. I can only practice letting go now. And perhaps can take a moment to think about the next project I will direct.

With love... filmmaker mama Emilie.

 on set - Tallie Medel as Mel, photo taken by Janice Erlbaum
at home - Miranda as herself, photo taken by her mama

2 comments:

  1. Emilie. Yes. This is the life of an artist/parent. Girlfriend, I feel you. That's all I can say. Talk about a roller coaster...
    Two words for you. Net. Flix.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah.. I know you understand. I believe I will get to be on set tomorrow.. so that's cool.. xoxoxoxo

      Delete