Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year

New year.  Getting over a 10 day cold.  Tired.  Looking forward to being excited again.  Getting there. I want to be able to be completely honest here but yet am aware anyone can look at this blog.  Still..... here goes.  I have been working for over a year on "Crossing the River".  It would be incredibly exciting to have a festival announcement soon.  As of yet, that is not the case.  Many many people have worked on the film, donated to the film, been a champion of the film.  I would say that thousands of hours have been put in with an eye towards the film's ultimate success.  I would love to be able to say that the film will be seen by many many people, will be discussed, thought about, that people's eyes will be opened to the fact that cross burnings still exist, that people are rallying around prevention of cross burnings and around other anti-racism efforts as a direct result of having seen the film.

As I come out of my sickness, I am looking towards this new year.  There is still much work to be done on CTR, screenings to be organized, people to be contacted, festivals yet to enter.  At the same time, I am thinking about my next project.  There are several ideas kicking around, both completed feature scripts, and mere ideas........  I am a person who usually knows what she is doing next.  It is an interesting place to be to not be completely sure.  I will keep you posted.

Wishing everyone a beautiful 2013.  Wishing clarity, peace, clear communication, a sense of your own self-worth, a feeling of meaning and connection to all humanity, and of course much love, health, joy and creativity.  Abundance in all things to the point where it is absolutely necessary to share it.

Love,
Emilie

p.s. My new website: http://www.emiliemcdonald.com
p.p.s. Miranda just turned 5!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Miranda!

    Sending you good vibes as you sit in that in-between space. Sometimes that's the most powerful place to be, just open and ready.

    ReplyDelete