Thursday, September 1, 2011

nap time


The day before a holiday weekend.. always a bit of a struggle to relax, when there are pages to be edited, shoots to be planned, grants to be applied for.. the to-do list is never-ending for a filmmaker.. My daughter is taking a rare nap. I have been co-organizing a film screening for the past few months and it will come to a head next weekend, september 10th: www.flicksinthegarden.com. There has been much planning and details surrounding that. It has been a good learning experience (although I've organized many events before, including a remixed media film festival, a theater company, fundraisers, etc.). We've partnered with the local Business Improvement District, another film festival, and the local private park to create this unique event, and I do feel like it will have an artistic stamp on it. My short film (with my daughter and I also acting in it) "Other People's Houses" will play the event.. probably the last screening I will actively pursue for this film. Time to prepare for upcoming projects.. my husband's short film coming up soon.. my own new short film to shoot next March in South Carolina.. and the feature we are co-writing and I will direct that we will begin actively fundraising for this month. Now, to nap or to work on the script? Probably the latter..

No comments:

Post a Comment